Youth and Gambling

Youth Forum

Moderator: Administrator

Youth and Gambling

Postby ehay » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

How many friends or class mates do you know in your school who gamble? Statistics show that more and more youths are gambling than you are aware of. What's your take? Do you gamble and if so how much?
ehay

Postby Jeya » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 pm

It's true statistics show there are more youths gambling than we are aware of, I can't even tell you how many times a day I hear a child or adolescent say, "Let's bet on it", "I bet you $.....if I can do....or if I make this....." I never really paid any attention to those remarks, but now I know that there should be more awareness of gambling problems among young children. I believe all schools should in some way make it a requirement to implement some sort of curriculm that teaches our students about the many dangers of gambling, they teach them about the dangers of alcohol and drugs, why not gambling?
Jeya

Gambling at school

Postby horrorfan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm

You are right, i used to gamble in school all the time. We would play cards at lunch time, after school and at night. There was never any talk about the problems of gambling, it was all alcohol and drugs. I know there are some good programs out there to help educators become more aware of the dangers, but you just don't see it happening like it should. It was very common to see kids at my school gambling all over the place. I think back about it now and it was an everyday occurance in some way, shape or form.
horrorfan

Re: Youth and Gambling

Postby Williamvigil » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 am

I think i have no friends who having habit of Gambling. I would say it is one of the bad habit. Through this habit they will lost money which they are learning form their jobs. Nobody play Gambling. I think that there must need one strong control system against Gambling. Then we can remove this one fro ever from youth much more. We all know that youth is the future of tomorrow . Don t make this Gambling.
Williamvigil

Return to Youth